Did you know?
- The average failure rate of disk and tape drives is 100% – All drives will eventually fail!
- Only 34% of companies test their tape backups, and of those who do 77% discover failures!
- 60% of companies that lose their data will go out of business within 6 months of the disaster!
- Over 50% of critical corporate data resides on unprotected PC desktops and laptops!Key causes of data loss::
- 78% —Hardware or system malfunction
- 11% —Human error
- 7% —Software corruption or program malfunction
- 2% —Computer viruses
- 1% —Natural disasters
- 1% —Other
- Only 25% of users back up their files regularly, yet 85% of those same users say they are very concerned about losing important digital data
- More than 22% said backing up their PCs is on their to-do list, but they seldom do it!
- 30% of companies report that they still don’t have a disaster recovery program in place, and 2 out of 3 believe their data backup and disaster recovery plans contain significant vulnerabilities!
- 1 in 25 notebooks are stolen, broken or destroyed each year!
- Today’s hard drives store 500 times the data stored on drives a decade ago. This increased capacity amplifies the impact of data loss, making mechanical precision more critical.
- You have a 30% chance of experiencing a corrupted file within a one-year time frame!
What can you do to protect your data?
Contact Phoenix Technology for a Free Data Security Analysis so you know your data will be there when you need it most.
We’ll send a data security specialist to your office to:
- Audit your data-protection processes, including backup and restore procedures, tape rotations and maintenance schedules to determine if anything is jeopardizing your data security.
- Review procedures for storage and transportation of data. Many don’t realize they are damaging their disks (and thereby corrupting their data) by improperly caring for their storage devices.
- Check your network backup system to ensure it is accurately backing up all of your critical files.
- Present a simple and easy-to-understand chart that details the makeup of your data, including the age and type of the files you are backing up.
- Discuss current data protection needs and explain in “plain English” where risks exist.